Rein in value-based costs and focus on higher-risk populations
ACOs have to overcome these key challenges in the near future to stay competitive & profitable:
- Successful ACOs prioritize and treat higher-risk patients as a way to control costs.
- Recent reports by WellSky and others identify an upward trend of patients being at least 6% more acute at discharge compared to 2019 rates, putting profitability and patient care at risk.
- Staffing shortages and other resource restrictions continue to limit the effectiveness of ACOs in effectively treating higher-risk patients.
Schedule an introductory call with our digital health team
If you’re a leader delivering value-based care and have been thinking, “There has to be a better way”, you’re probably right. An introductory call with our digital health team to gain momentum and clarity toward a solution.
Here’s what you’ll walk away with:
- Learn how we’ve helped other ACOs treat more patients with complex needs at a lower cost.
- Gain clarity around your specific challenge and what options your organization may have as a path forward.
- How to leverage technology in addressing ongoing challenges such as nursing shortages, controlling costs, and managing high-risk patients.
case study highlight
One of the nation’s largest post-acute care organizations gain market share through digital innovation
Communicare, one of the nation’s largest post-acute care organizations delivering value-based care, came to us with the goal of managing a population of over 25k lives while being hype focused on remotely monitoring and treating different high-risk patient populations across 120 facilities across 7 states.
They partnered with us to develop a strategic approach to their digital investments.
What we did
Our goal was to create a powerful yet simple solution to continued care.
The biggest challenge was in serving different types of high-risk and IDD populations through a technology solution. With research & design capabilities we drove high rates of adoption across the populations. That’s where on-site user research, coupled with an understanding of the organization’s business needs came into play.
We ultimately baked in provider workflows, risk assessments, etc to ensure front-line clinicians were efficient and thorough.
Within four months, we were able to launch Communicare’s new mobile application – Never Alone – into the hands of real patient users.
Optimized workflows to treat and prioritize high-risk patients and a UX design that gave way to quick adoption by patients (and staff) quickly made this project a success. To date, Never Alone has treated high-risk patients in over 120 facilities across seven states and has completed over 15,000 successful telehealth calls.
+ Digital Health
+ Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)
+ Post-Acute Care / ACOs / Value-Based Care
+ Workflows aligned with Models of Care