A UX Mobile Engineer with excellent problem solving abilities and an eye for pixel perfect design.
Digital Scientists is looking for a UX Mobile Designer to work with our team. You will be part of a collaborative product development process – working together with our design and development teams to turn designs into high quality applications.
We are looking for an experienced designer who is willing to learn cutting-edge tools and deliver projects. We're a close-knit team that helps companies build responsive mobile products and businesses. Exciting and challenging work guaranteed!
- Design and create compelling visual layouts and interactions for applications and web – collaborate on product decisions through an iterative approach
- Create application wireframes, prototypes and responsive web layouts
- Contribute to the product development process – from concept sketch to wireframe and visual design, into prototyping and product testing
- Be flexible and work on multiple projects
- Culture understanding of the entire project scope and vision
- Meet both internal and client deadlines
- Work with remote teams and communicate effectively
- Love for digital products and interfaces – A natural passion for creating things that work.
- Has a cutting-edge design aesthetic – Icons, typography, interactions, color palettes, brand identity.
- Imaginative and enthusiastic – Experiment, iterate, and come up with something completely new to drive innovation.
- Delivery focused – Solid ability to work within scope, meet deadlines, incorporate feedback and most importantly – communicate.
- Business chops – A good understanding of business requirements and end-user needs.
- Self starter – Work with product stakeholders to help identify tasks, and see them to completion.
- Articulates and defends design decisions – Clear explanations, analytical and reasoning skills, and the occasional clever or funny email
- Works well with others – Must have strong work practices, design discipline and a proven record of delivering innovative solutions on time for demanding and complex user experience challenges.
- Highly detail-oriented with a passion for pixel-perfection. Self-motivated and obsessively organized.
- Collaboration is king – Motivated by interdisciplinary collaboration in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to graciously accept critical feedback and foster team ethos.
- Continuous improvement – Define and support consistent internal design guidelines that are flexible, yet prevent reinventing the wheel on every project.
- 3+ years experience designing application interfaces
- Requires a portfolio of iPhone and iPad apps applying solid UX concepts
- High comfort level with Adobe CS applications. Bonus points for knowing the new tools in Adobe Creative Cloud or Sketch.
- Multi-device and browser testing (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Design, Computational Media or Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
This position is available immediately, pays competitively and is full-time. You'll be working in our open offices in downtown Alpharetta, where we have parking spaces out back, a barbecue joint two doors down, a spectacular brew house next door, a friendly, brown dog and a good attitude.
If you thrive on the energy of an established environment with a start-up enthusiasm, you'll love Digital Scientists.