Ecommerce concepts for tablet shoppers
Tory Burch is a premier American women's lifestyle fashion brand, known for vibrant patterns and gilded treatments.
These days, the iPad is a must have accessory, just as much as the latest runway shoe. So, what's a forward-thinking brand like Tory Burch supposed to do to ensure their site is iPad friendly? Engage Digital Scientists to create a targeted digital strategy for iPad and Android audiences.
- digital strategy
- web & mobile design
- responsive design
- multi-screen strategy
- content strategy
TABLET STORE CONCEPTS
We helped Tory Burch rethink their website for tablet users. We've always been early adopters to new technology – and as avid online shoppers – we saw opportunity to help improve the online shopping experience for the Tory Burch brand.
Here are some of our findings:
- Detect screen orientation and viewport size – this will allow you to show site content in it's best light, at the aspect it's intended for, across the entire screen, for every screen.
- Create custom navigation for the mobile shopping experience – to better utilize screen space, and reduce the need to open multiple tabs.
- Use an adaptive navigation pattern – Retain the navigation at the top of the screen, so it's always accessible.
- Reduce the height of the navigation on scroll, to reduce the required screen space for navigation, and afford more visual space for your store.
- Remove hover states for mobile and tablet devices – These features can be helpful on the desktop for showing additional content without a click – but your some features should be suspended according to the device type and profile.
- Expand on the "Shop This Look" feature – Like the physical store, make it easy to find popular articles and items that are given premium placement in your store.
- Promote local events online – You likely know who many of your best shoppers are. Connect with them in new ways, by making your offline content accessible online.
A Rising Brand
The Tory Burch fashion brand has been a rising star for the past decade.
Launched in February 2004, the collection is known for color, print and eclectic details, and includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, and beauty.
HTML5 / CSS3
Our experienced frontend team has built numerous responsive solutions that work on all screen sizes – from tablet and mobile, to desktop and kiosk displays.
Apple iOS, Xcode, and Swift
We also explored how a brand like Tory Burch, with retail locations around the country, can utilize the iPad's special features – location awareness, GPS signal, photography, integration with retail systems and mapping – to geo-target customers and deliver what they're shopping for right now.
We'd also like to help you rethink your business for a multi-channel retail world full of mobile devices. Give us a call.
BY THE NUMBERS
The project was on an abbreviated timeline: We held an initial conversation, and returned with proposed concepts within 2 weeks.
Our Strategy and Design teams consulted with the Tory Burch brand over a limited number of online content layout concepts.