In May 2009, Digital Scientists celebrated the grand opening of their Alpharetta location by donating over $25,000 in digital marketing services to non-profit organizations. It was our way of showing appreciation for the warm welcome we have received from the local community. During this past year, we worked with area non-profits including the Alpharetta Police Athletic League, Alpharetta High School Foundation and The Contemporary. To celebrate our first anniversary in Alpharetta, we’d like to bring you up to date on the organizations we have helped over the past year.
Digital Scientists – 21 S. Main Street, Alpharetta, Georgia – 770.521.0101
One of the first projects launched was a website design for the Alpharetta Police Athletic League (Alpha PAL). This organization provides a safe and educational environment for local at-risk kids with after school and tutoring programs, mentoring assistance, summer camps, and recreational activities.
Digital Scientists created a new Alpha PAL website that offers site visitors:
- Enhanced Functionality Program directors can use the Google calendar to post special events and promote their program schedules. To improve the donation and sponsorship process, visitors are now able to submit their contributions through a site widget.
- A Fresh New Look The newly designed site showcases the Alpha PAL’s services to the community. It features a YouTube channel to post videos for visitors to see the Alpha PAL programs in action. A Flickr display is used for photos to capture a glimpse into the day-to-day activities of the organization.
- Improved Communications Contact forms were integrated into the site to assist parents with the enrollment process and help with reaching out to the Alpha PAL team.
Digital Scientists enjoyed working with the Alpharetta Police Athletic League and we hope the new website continues to help this beneficial organization grow.
Alpharetta High School enlisted the branding and marketing expertise of Digital Scientists to help launch a new foundation to “support Alpharetta High School as it strives to become a nationally recognized in the areas of athletics, arts, academics, and service”. The Alpharetta High School Foundation (ASHF) needed a cohesive marketing plan to promote the newly created organization to the parents and community supporters.
Digital Scientists worked with the Foundation members to deliver:
- Identity / Branding Expertise Creating an identity was the first step in establishing the new organization. The school’s crest was used as a starting point to design a more “corporate” identity to visually promote the Foundation’s main areas of focus.
- Website The AHSF site was designed to bring attention to the four core areas of the Foundation – Academics, Arts, Athletics, and Services. Each area has a dedicated page with an overview of its purpose, the latest updates, achievements and milestones. To support the Foundation, donations can be made directly through the website. And, the website features an email subscription so parents, community supporters and visitors can stay in touch and learn about upcoming events.
- Event Promotions The “Black and Silver Celebration” event officially kicked off the launch of the ASH Foundation. Digital Scientists designed four banner signs which were prominently displayed to support the event and promote the marketing identity for ASHF.
Digital Scientists is proud to assist educational foundations and their important support of the academic community.
Founded in 1973, the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center is dedicated to excellence, experimentation and education in all forms of contemporary art. We were thrilled to work with The Contemporary to design a new website that would help the organization promote cutting-edge exhibitions and drive membership. This was an exciting opportunity for our creative team to show off their cutting-edge design skills with a bold and modern new look for The Contemporary’s website.
In addition to the sleek layout and minimal design treatment, the website now features:
- Interactive Communications Visitors can easily find the important details about exhibitions, programs and how to support The Contemporary. With the inclusion of commenting tools, social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook, and an events calendar, users can interact with the site to share art, events and dates with their friends. Fans of The Contemporary can follow them on Twitter and Facebook directly from the site.
- Easy To Use Content Management Tools A robust content management system (CMS) allows The Contemporary staff to quickly update information about programs and exhibitions as they change. As new exhibits are announced, the details and images are easily uploaded so visitors can get important details about the latest events.
- Improved User Experience By featuring image viewers, tooltips, hover effects and more, the online experience is now much more dynamic. The site also serves as the repository for previous years of The Contemporary’s exhibits. Visitors can now enjoy a virtual review of Atlanta’s progressive art scene over the years.
Digital Scientists was honored to work with The Atlanta Contemporary Art Center as it continues its reputation of being on the forefront of the Atlanta art scene.
Thanks to the Alpharetta community for the warm welcome during the past year. Our doors are always open to help you use analytical insights to create smart, well-designed marketing investments.